» Hotels - Find great deals on hotels in Ploiesti, Romania.
» Attractions - List of the most famous places you must see while being in Ploiesti.
» Eating out - Find the perfect restaurant to dine in Ploiesti.
» Transportation - Find out the best way to get around.
» Ploiesti Hotel Map - Check out the hotel map to browse through your favorite hotels.
Location: Eastern Romania (Prahova county)
Area: 58.2 km2
• EET (UTC+2)
• Summer (DST) EEST (UTC+3)
Nearest Airport: „Henri Coandă” Otopeni Airport 40 km, 38 minutes by car DN1/E60
• Ploiesti has also been names as the capital of “black gold”, due to the presence of the refineries and other production facilities related to oil and gas industry
• Due to its location close both to Bucharest and Prahova Valley, Ploiesti is an important cross point for economical and touristic reasons
• Ploiesti is also an important connection knot between Bucharest, Transylvania and Moldavia, linking 3 regions of Romania • The highest population peak registered in Ploiesti was in 1992, when the total number of inhabitants reached almost 253,000 people
• Ploiesti is one of the most developed cities in Romania due to several industrial parks around the city, covering various businesses like automotive, tobacco, food, textile, consumer goods but also oil and gas
• There are several museums to be visited in Ploiesti like the Art Museum or History Museum, but also memorial houses of famous writers and composers
• Nightlife in Ploiesti is guaranteed by clubs, bars and restaurants spread all over the city, for all ages and preferences
• Hotels in Ploiesti are located both centrally and at the city outskirts and their prices range from the category of hostel and budget hotels, to luxurious four star hotels
• Getting to or from Ploiesti by car is easy as the city is crossed by several European, national and regional roads, depending on your departure or arrival point
• The closest airport to Ploiesti is Henri Coanda International Airport in Otopeni reachable from Ploiesti by E60 in about 40 minutes
• The official language in Ploiesti is Romanian and there aren’t many minority communities, so the vast majority of people speak Romanian but English is also used in the city
• The currency in Ploiesti is the Romanian Leu but there are plenty of exchange offices where you can get Lei from your currency
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in booking your hotel in Ploiesti. Hotels Ploiesti is your online guide for finding the best hotel rates in the city, including for exploring your destination before visiting. Our Ploiesti online guide offers some of the cheapest rates on the internet, including travel tips for what to do and see, how to get around, or where to eat, providing complete travel services for the leisure and business traveler.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, our easy and secure online booking service will ensure you a pleasant stay in Ploiesti - the gateway to the picturesque Prahova valley!
Guest Score: 8.5 / 10
Guest Score: 6.5 / 10
Guest Score: 7.7 / 10
Guest Score: 7.7 / 10
Guest Score: 7.9 / 10
Guest Score: 3.7 / 10
Ploiesti, an important industrial and cultural center, is the gateway to Prahova valley, where many popular mountain resorts are found, such as Sinaia, Busteni, Azuga and Predeal, great for enjoying winter sports.
Ploiesti, originally spelled "Ploesti", is situated approximately 35 miles north of the capital of Bucharest, in Prahova County, and, according to the 2002 census, when over 232 500 inhabitants were estimated to live here, it is the 9th most populous city in Romania. ▸more